Marx was clear about this subject. While the term “abortion” was not specifically discussed in Marx’s writings, he did call for abolition of the family. He viewed children as private property to their parents. He also viewed marriage as a woman becoming private property to the husband, and given the fact that private property, in his eyes, was the source of all ills in the world, he felt the family unit must be eliminated.
An article in Australia’s official Communist newspaper, written by pro-choice activist and feminist Rebecca Albury, included the following statements regarding the Marxist view of abortion:
- A Marxist believes that personality and human value are imparted by the external and economic environment, not by any inherent spiritual value, or even by biological processes.
- The fetus, according to a Marxist, becomes a person when he is judged as such by “someone of higher wisdom.” The humanity of the fetus depends upon how the mother perceives the “social relationship” that exists between them. If the mother desires to keep the baby, then she “fantasizes” it into becoming a human being. But, if she does not want the pregnancy, “it is something else entirely.” Her opinion of the fetus thereby denies it of personhood.
- “Biological processes,” says Albury, “do not carry automatic moral values as the Right to Life suggests … Human economic, social, and political relationships create moral values.”
- According to Albury, “Material conditions of life change, and so do moral values.” This means that, to a Marxist, the unborn baby may be a human being for a time, but may then become depersonified and rendered ‘pre-human,’ all because his or her mother began to think differently about him or her. She adds: “Certainly, many women experience mixed feelings; the fantasy baby may even appear for a while. Women can tell it goodbye forever.”
As we know, President Obama holds a very aggressive stance on abortion. He is not simply a pro-choice advocate; he is a pro-abortion advocate. When Obama was a state senator, he was the only senator who voted against a bill (BAIPA) that would ensure life-saving measures were taken to aid infants born alive after botched abortions, stating, among other reasons, that it would cause undue burden on the mother, and that these babies are not protected under the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution. In addition, he felt that this was a ploy to overturn Roe vs Wade, and that letting these babies live or die is a) the doctor’s prerogative, b) a religious issue, and c) violates no universal principle. How could anyone who believes life is special and sacred speak like this? Exactly. One wouldn’t.
As president, Obama has worked even harder to push a pro-abortion agenda:
- Obama promised to pass the Freedom of Choice Act, which would eliminate federal, state and local restrictions on abortion.
- Obama has consistently nominated or appointed staunch pro-choice officials and advisers, including Rahm Emanuel, Ellen Moran, Melody Barnes, Hillary Clinton and Kathleen Sebelius.
- Obama and others in his administration claim that no federal funding of abortion is included in Obamacare. Yet, just months after the bill was signed, the Obama administration approved $160 million in federal funds to Pennsylvania, $37 million to New Mexico and additional funds to Maryland, to fund abortions through high-risk insurance programs.
- In 2009, Obama signed an executive order to reverse the Mexico City Policy, a ban which prohibited funding to international family planning groups that provide abortion.
- Since 2009, Obama has been working to overturn pro-life conscience protections, which President Bush put in place in order to protect medical staff from being forced to perform abortions. Obama flatly denies these claims, but the facts show otherwise.
- Catholic bishops lost millions in federal funding for human trafficking victims, because they refused to refer women for contraceptives and abortions.
- Obama reversed President Bush’s executive order banning embryonic stem-cell research, then signed a new executive order giving taxpayer funding for it.
- Obama has, in at least two United Nations meetings, called for unlimited rights for abortion.
- Obama’s science czar, John Holdren, is revealed to have written that he favors forced abortions and mass sterilization.
- VP Joe Biden stated in a speech at a Chinese university that he understood China’s one-child policy, a policy which is enforced by forced abortion and sterilization.
- The Obama administration refused to investigate videos showing Planned Parenthood helping alleged sex traffickers get abortions for victimized underage girls.
- The Obama administration has been arranging abortions, using taxpayer dollars, for illegal immigrants.
- A new article reveals that 138 of Obama’s campaign “bundlers” sit on boards of various foundations that push liberal social agendas, such as abortion, gay rights, union organizing, immigration and “racial justice”.
These are just a few examples of Obama’s efforts. Frankly, the amount of information regarding his pro-abortion record is absolutely staggering. You can find a comprehensive list at LifeNews.com. This is not just a pro-choice advocate pushing a liberal agenda. This is a full-frontal assault on Christianity and the family.
Another assault on the family, as well as religious liberty, is being waged by gay-rights groups, and President Obama and his administration are standing right by their side, pushing an aggressive agenda onto the American public, despite its strong opposition.
- According to the Gay and Lesbian Victory Institute, President Obama has appointed more than 250 openly LGBT professionals to full-time and advisory positions in the executive branch, more than all known LGBT appointments of other presidential administrations combined. The stated mission of the Gay and Lesbian Victory Institute is specifically to get LGBT members into political positions.
- One in 16 of Obama’s “bundlers” are openly gay. This includes only those who revealed their orientation. Real numbers are estimated at to 1 in 6. This gives gay rights groups a very strong lobby in the Obama White House.
- This year, for the first time, the White House and the Pentagon observed LGBT Pride Month.
- When President Obama took office, he stated he believed that marriage was between a man and a woman, and used his faith as a basis for his stance on the issue (although he was for it before he was against it). Now that he has “evolved” and is endorsing same-sex marriage, he calls support of the traditional definition of marriage “divisive and discriminatory”.
- In 2010, the Obama administration declared the Defense of Marriage Act un-Constitutional and instructed the DOJ not to defend it in court. Subsequently, they supported lesbian Edith Windsor in her suit against DOMA.
- In 2010, Congress repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”.
- In 2011, an HHS official announced that the Obama administration is actively recruiting LGBT couples to adopt children.
- President Obama and Nancy Pelosi oppose a bill in the House that would protect military chaplains from being forced to perform gay marriages or other same-sex ceremonies, which are in violation of their religious beliefs. Pelosi claims the gay marriage issue with military chaplains is “a fraud” and “a manufactured crisis”.
- DHS changed the definition of “family” to include LGBT relationships.
- The most disturbing move from President Obama was his 2009 appointment of openly gay activist Kevin Jennings as “safe school” czar. Jennings is the founder, and also served as Executive Director, of GLSEN (Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network). GLSEN came out with a list of recommended reading for children of all ages, which included stories with x-rated and pornographic material, with explicit descriptions of sex acts between pre-schoolers, affairs between students and teachers, and worse. Jennings also encouraged a teen who was having affairs with older men, only warning him to practice safe sex, instead of reporting the incident. In addition, Jennings advocates a homosexual curriculum in our schools.
Again, these are just a few examples, and frankly, only the tip of the iceberg. This is more than just a case of a group of citizens seeking equal protection under the law. It’s one thing to ask for equal rights, but when the rights of a group of citizens infringes on the rights of others, it is no longer equal. This is a very powerful lobby, with a mission to indoctrinate our children and force their lifestyle down our throats, despite the moral and religious objections of a majority of Americans. We’re headed down a very dark path in this country. We need to wake up and restore America back to its founding principles, before we lose it altogether.