Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels believed there were two classes of people: those who owned the means of production – the exploiters; and those who owned nothing and had to sell their labor to survive – the exploited. Today, the Occupy Movement describes those classes as the 1% and the 99%. Marx and Engels believed private property was the problem, because it caused jealousy, selfishness, class struggle and war. Their solution? Revolution. Eventually the exploited class would revolt, overthrow the exploiters, and eliminate private property, which would result in socialism, and then eventually, full communism.
Over the past 3 1/2 years, we’ve witnessed the income gap growing wider. A recent statistic shows that the top 400 wealthiest Americans are worth more than the bottom 150 million Americans combined. It’s a startling statistic, and it’s only the beginning. But is it due to a failed capitalistic system, or is it intentional?
Since the beginning of President Obama’s term, he has been working to divide Americans, either by race, gender or economic status. He’s been preaching the class warfare message in nearly every speech, claiming that the “rich” must pay their “fair share” so lower income Americans can have a “fair shot”. His answer for our problems is Big Government, but in order to for that to work, our economy has to weaken even further, forcing Americans to look to government for their daily needs. Sadly, that’s exactly where we’re headed.
- Despite trillions of dollars in stimulus programs that were passed in order to jump-start the economy, unemployment has stayed above 8% for 40 straight months. While the official number of unemployed Americans is 12.7 million, the actual number is over 22.9 million, as those who have quit looking are no longer counted.
- As a result of continued high unemployment, 42% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. A record number of Americans are living below the poverty line.
- Unemployment in the construction industry is 14.2%. So much for the shovel-ready jobs.
- The U.S. corporate tax rate is now the highest in the world, at 39.2% (including federal and state rates), resulting in more businesses going overseas and more lost jobs in the U.S.
- There are currently over 46 million Americans on food stamps, an increase of over 14 million since Obama entered the White House. To make matters worse, the administration offered $75,000 grants for new strategies to increase program participation.
- Since Obamacare passed in 2009, although not fully implemented, businesses and individuals have seen historic increases in premiums, and despite claims that this bill was “deficit-neutral”, the facts show that the projected costs have nearly doubled to $1.76 trillion.
- Democrats are preparing to push for a single-payer health care system if the individual mandate of Obamacare is struck down by the Supreme Court. Medicare waste and fraud will explode if this comes to fruition.
- Americans have lost approximately 40% of their wealth over the last 4 years, setting us back 20 years. What is the average American’s biggest asset? Their home, which for many, is now under water.
- Our national debt is approaching $16 TRILLION, over $5 trillion during Obama’s term alone. We’re going to reach yet another debt ceiling before the end of the year. We are on the financial cliff.
Meanwhile, Obama says “the private sector is doing fine.” Why would he say such a thing? Because in his mind, it is. He’s not worried about the private sector. He only cares about the public sector. His goal is to make more and more Americans dependent on government, which he will continue to blame on the rich and call for higher taxes. He’s eliminating the middle class altogether, and pitting the poor against the wealthy…the exploited against the exploiters, in his mind. It’s classic Marxism.
In addition, the Obama administration, with the full cooperation of the EPA, is at war with private land owners:
- The EPA is infringing on private property rights, using the Clean Water Act to control land alongside ditches, gullies and other ephemeral spots, claiming the sources are part of navigable waterways, and making it harder for private property owners to build in their own backyards, grow crops, raise livestock and conduct other activities on their own land.
- The EPA ordered an Idaho couple to stop building and pay $75,000 a day in fines for building on “wetlands”, although the property was never determined to be such, and all proper permits were filed before they began construction.
- President Obama recently signed the National Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order, which essentially gives the government full authority to seize private property and resources…and labor… in the case of an emergency.
- The U.S. government currently owns approximately 635 million acres of land, and has included another $1.4 billion in a highway funding bill, to obtain additional land for “conservation efforts”.
- Michelle Malkin has been investigating various government land grabs in energy-rich areas throughout 11 states. They are essentially buying up our natural resources, and prohibiting development of the land and creation of jobs.
These are just a few examples of what the Obama administration has been doing with their time, and your tax dollars. They have spent the last 3 1/2 years telling you it’s the fault of the rich that we’re in this economic mess and it’s their fault you can’t get a “fair shot”, and sadly, many Americans are starting to believe it. They have created an environment of selfishness, jealousy and class struggle. What comes next? That’s right…revolution. Do you think that’s where we’re headed? Do you really want to find out?